Car accidents can oftentimes be life-changing, leaving victims with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hindrances. At Precht Law Firm, we are committed to providing unparalleled legal representation to individuals in Louisiana who have been involved in car accidents. Our Lafayette car accident lawyers are devoted to helping you navigate the complex legal process and secure the compensation you deserve.
Call Precht Law Firm today at (337) 201-9119 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our car accident lawyer in Lafayette.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
Auto accidents can lead to many injuries, varying from minor scrapes and bruises to extreme and life-altering conditions. Some of the most common injuries we have seen in our years of practice include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury often caused by the head's sudden and forceful back-and-forth motion during a collision.
- Broken Bones: These can include fractures and breaks in various bones, including arms, legs, ribs, and facial bones.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Severe accidents can lead to spinal cord injuries, leading to paralysis, loss of sensation, and a lifetime of medical expenses and care.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Head injuries are very common and can result in concussions or more severe TBIs, leading to cognitive impairments and lasting disabilities.
- Internal Injuries: Injury to internal organs, like the liver, spleen, or lungs, can transpire due to the impact of a car crash, requiring immediate medical attention.
- Emotional Distress: This can include anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Car Accident Claim?
When you are involved in a car accident, you may be qualified to recover various damages to help you rebuild your life and cover the expenses associated with the accident. These damages can include:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Property Damage
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Consortium
- Punitive Damages
Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims in Louisiana
It is important to be aware that Louisiana has a statute of limitations that sets a time frame on when you can file a car accident claim. In most cases, you have one year from the accident date to file a lawsuit. Failure to meet this deadline could result in your claim being dismissed, and you may lose the opportunity to seek compensation.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer in Lafayette Today
If you have been injured in a car accident in Louisiana, Precht Law Firm is here to help you pursue justice and the compensation you deserve. Our Lafayette car accident attorneys understand the challenges you face and are committed to fighting tirelessly on your behalf. Let us help you on the path to recovery and justice.
Contact Precht Law Firm today to get started with our Lafayette car accident attorney.
"He was honest, friendly, and very professional. He returned phone calls in a timely manner."Shelley
"He conveyed his legal strategy in a way I could understand and always kept me informed of changes."Former Client
"He is intelligent, well-spoken, prompt, attire is top-notch, very confident, has an agenda off the top of his head, easy to talk to, and very kind."Cassie
"He was completely transparent with me every step of the way and made sure I had a realistic understanding of all the possible outcomes that could potentially play out in my case."Edward
"I was a nervous wreck and he assured me I was in good hands. He answered all the questions I had and more."Christina